- The admissions deadline is May 15th; however, the application period is closed when enrollment capacity is reached. Applying early is important!
- We use a “rolling admissions” process in which applications are reviewed as they are received.
- Applicants are informed of their enrollment status within a few weeks of their applications.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher based on the last 60 credits earned from the degree granting institution.
- Basic computer skills and equipment, and a reliable internet connection.
Master’s in Learning Analytics students are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point average to receive a Master of Science degree from the Department of Educational Psychology. This is in accordance with Graduate School GPA policies.
Application Materials and Process
The following materials should be submitted in your application to the Graduate School:
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
1. Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Please include all relevant work, internship, and volunteer experience
- Include all education experience, from both formal institutions (provide degree, major, GPA, and years attended) as well as informal training (e.g. work or volunteer training, certificate programs, etc.)
2. Statement of Purpose for graduate study
You will need to upload your statement to the online application. Your statement should be approximately 2 pages words and may include:
- Goals: goals for graduate study and mastery in learning analytics
- Interests: specific topic(s) of interest in the learning analytics field
- Recognitions: any special recognitions or honors you may have received
- Commitment: your motivation to complete this challenging two-year graduate program
- Other: anything else you would like us to know about your unique needs or interests
3. Request Letters of Recommendation
Two letters are required.
- Enter the names and email addresses of your letter writers in your online application. An email invitation to upload letters and directions for uploading will be sent to your letter writers by the graduate school.
- It is your responsibility to be sure your letters of recommendation have been sent. Log onto your online application and check the Online Admissions Status Information System (OASIS) to verify that your letters have been received.
4. Complete the Online Application Form and select 'MLA Program Option'
- Be sure to indicate your application is for the Summer Term
- When applying to the Graduate School, you will need to select the correct Program Option in the Graduate School’s Online Application Form. On the Application Information webpage of the form, select ‘Educational Psychology MS – Learning Analytics’ in the first dropdown menu field.
- Be sure to submit the Graduate School application and Statement of Purpose online. Do NOT mail in any paper copies of the application materials to the Graduate School.
5. Pay your Application Fee via credit card, wire transfer, or e-check
Application Fee: $75
- The Graduate School offers a limited number of application fee grants to make sure that the application fee is not a barrier for students from our key recruiting initiatives. For more information see this link.
6. Upload a PDF of your transcripts to your online application
Upon a recommendation for admission from the department, the Graduate School will prompt you to provide an official transcript. You do not need to provide an official transcript to the department.
- International applicants, please follow the instructions found here to learn about the requirements of previous degree (transcripts) and English proficiency.
Questions? Chat with Pat, our Enrollment Coach
I work with prospective students considering the Master’s in Learning Analytics program. Most people, no matter what program interests them, share many of the same concerns. My favorite part of my work is hearing about a prospective student’s dream of getting the promotion, changing careers, or advancing their expertise. I am here to answer whatever questions you have about UW–Madison and to welcome you into the Badger family.
Contact me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or 608/327-9789